Children and young people with special educational needs (SEN) or disabilities are entitled to free transport regardless of how far they live from the school if:

  • they have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan that says the local council will pay transport costs; or
  • they can’t walk because of their SEN, a disability or mobility problem

Included below are links that give you more information about Oldham’s Policy on School Transport, including how to apply, plus a link to the legal criteria on accessing school transport.